We are off to another 4th birthday party today (it’s how we roll!). Today’s event has a pirate theme hosted by a good friend of mine who is a wonderful kids party planner, so I set out to make a pirate worthy of the occasion. Jake (modelled on Disney’s Jake the Pirate) turned out to be the most complex punch art I’ve created to date – but also the most rewarding. I’m not sure Jake will ever get a re-run and I don’t think I could create a picture tutorial even if I tried, but for those of you that are punch art enthusiasts, see the list at the end of this post for the shapes I used to create Jake. It did take quite a bit of snipping & remodelling, so be prepared to manipulate your ‘punched pieces’.
Now, a pirate can’t be a real pirate without his bounty of treasure, so Jake comes with a Curvy Keepsake Pirate Treasure Box. Thankfully this ‘beauty’ carried over and reappears in the 2015 Occasions catalogue. Authentically created using the Hardwood Background Stamp [Soft Suede cardstock & Early Espresso ink], Gold Foil & Silhouette Cameo Skull, this treasure box is filled with loot for the birthday boy.
Happy Birthday to today’s little pirate. We hope you have a great day and look forward to celebrating with you. Kelly & the pirate misses x
Punch Art Instructions – Jake the Pirate:
- Hair: cut freehand
- Eyes: 1/2″ Circle Punch, Owl Builder Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch, Eyelet Border Punch
- Eyebrows: Heart from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
- Ear: 1/2″ Circle Punch
- Bandanna: Large Oval Punch, small petals from Flower Fair Framelits
- Vest: Triangle Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch
- Shirt: Balloon Framelits, Cupcake Builder Punch
- Arms: Pram from Baby’s First Framelits
- Pants: Word Window Punch, Large Oval
- Boots: Booties from Baby’s First Framelits, Bow Builder Punch, Cupcake Builder Punch
- Sword: Large petal from Flower Fair Framelits, Bow Builder Punch, 1/2″ Circle, Cupcake Builder Punch,
I haven’t linked any of these shapes (too many!), but if you need to add any of the products to your collection, visit my online store for the full range.
*** Don’t forget that it’s Sale-A-Bration until 31st March – earn a free SAB gift for every $90 you spend. Order online during January 2015 using the TF7WJGE3 to receive another free gift from me! ***