Wow!!! Just Add Ink celebrates 400 challenges this week!
Thank you for all your support of each & every challenge – from visiting the main blog to support the design team to joining in with challenges. THANK YOU!!!
Challenge #400 is a fabulous specked egg photo inspiration…
It might help to get you in the mood for some Easter creating, or might be great colours for a baby card! Whichever way the photo inspires you, I can’t wait to see what you upload to the blog to get you in the mood for some Easter creating. for you 400th challenge!
I went Easter – being a good opportunity to be organised for some Easter gifts this year! It feels good to have something done prior to the night before!
I like to maintain I work best under pressure – but the sense of achievement is a nice (if unique) feeling!
The photo inspired me to head to the chocolate isle and pick up some speckled chocolate eggs (called Mini Eggs… since when???).
And create some specked DSP using the Eclectic Expressions stamp set (exclusively available during Sale-A-Bration)….
Which I then used to turn into speckled egg bon-bons…
I used the instructions on my Stamping Sunday Naturally Eclectic post, but adjusted the size to be able to get 2 pieces from an A4 pieces of Whisper White thick cardstock.
Here’s the revised instructions for A4 cardstock (click the link above for some helpful photos):
- Cut a piece of A4 cardstock in half (at 5-7/8″ along the long edge) = 5-7/8″ x 8-1/4″
- Score (going down the long edge, across the short edge) at 1-3/8″, 2-3/4″, 4-1/8″ & 5-1/2″
- Fold along the first score line and insert into the Envelope Punch Board at 1-3/4″ and punch
- Repeat for all score lines (fold, punch) and finally without any folding on the edge
- Do the same for each score line, 1-3/4″ from the other edge
- Adhere along the small strip to create a box shape
- Finish with ribbon on each end & embellishments on top
The sentiment is from my trusty ‘all occasions’ stamp set – Teeny Tiny Sentiments in a Stitched Oval Shape with Mini Silver Sequin Trim & Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon.
Having chocolate as a prop in the photo was a fabulous idea – someone had to eat it afterwards! We’ll call that quality control!!!
Thank you for joining me today. I hope you get the chance to join our 400th challenge – or make some Easter bon-bons! Or eat some chocolate (lets keep the goals achievable!).