These CASEing the Catty blog hops seem to roll around so quickly each week! Stop the world, I just wanna hide in my craft room!!!
Little Mr Papercraft and the busy Miss Papercrafts are keeping me very busy, so it’s snippets of time when I can manage them! I still love making for challenges – they are usually my favourite projects of the month.
This week for CASEing the Catty, we’re inspired by the Classic Garage suite and subsequent pages of the catalogue.
I do love the Classic Garage cards, but I couldn’t go past this gorgeous card (bottom left) on page 46 as the inspiration for my CASE.
I love the styling for this card – the repeated background stamping with an image over the top. Using these features, I’ve recreated the card as a baby card….
How to make it –
- Prepare your card base by cutting a piece of Whisper White Thick A4 cardstock in half lengthways. Score & fold.
- Add a piece of Twinkle Twinkle DSP (Gray Granite star design) – whole card front size (4-1/8″ x 5-7/8″).
- On a piece of Whipser White cardstock (3-3/8″ x 5-7/8″), stamp the “it’s a girl” sentiment in Blushing Bride – first in full strength then again without inking (half strength). Keep doing this until you have enough stamped images.
- Add Blushing Bride ink using the smooshing technique (ink on a plastic envelope/sheet spritzed with water and applied to the cardstock). Set this aside to dry.
- Stamp the baby from the Sweet Baby stamp set in Memento ink. Cut using the Bouncing Baby Framelits and colour using Stampin’ Blends (Dark Pink Pirouette (retired), Dark Flirty Flamingo, Ivory, Light Crumb Cake, Light Smoky Slate).
- Stamp the congratulations sentiment from the Little Elephant stamp set on vellum in StazOn. Cut around the words in a rectangle shape using Paper Snips. I added second layer of vellum under the sentiment for more depth. Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue on a sponge, glue the two layers of vellum together, and both layers on the baby.
- Adhere the ‘it’s a girl’ panel to the card base and then add the baby with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finish the card with Blushing Bride stars cut using the Twinkle Builder punch.
This card was so cute I decided to make a blue ‘it’s a boy’ version too!
The colours for this card are Pool Party ink, cardstock & Blends and Bermuda Bay Blends.
This is another card layout I know I’m going to get lots of use from! I’m dreaming up a birthday one as I type!
If you’re dreaming of cards too, please join us for the CASEing the Catty challenge – find us here on Facebook.
For more Classic Garage inspiration and other great cards from this section of the Occasions catalogue, keep hopping!
Next blog to visit is the gorgeous Lauren Meiklejohn.
Thanks for joining us!