This is another card from my technique class last week.
One of my favourite presentations from the Brisbane OnStage event last year was Jackie Noble’s Beautiful You presentation.
This stamp set lends itself to so many amazing techniques including paper piecing, masking and the reflection technique.
We used it in class to try out the reflection technique. It’s so pretty – and like many techniques, easy when you know how!
The reflection really makes it look like she’s dancing along the water!
- Stamp the lady – I used Memento Black on Shimmery White
- Stamp her again on a piece of Window Sheet
- With the ink on the underside of the Window Sheet, line up the puddle & press onto the cardstock to create a reflection stamped image. It will probably be a little blurry – just like a reflection in a puddle.
- Colour the lady’s dress in Daffodil Delight with an Aqua Painter and the puddle in Pool Party.
- Using only a very dilute amount of ink, colour the reflection image. It should be much lighter than your main image.
I added in a few more techniques for this card – simple touches that add extra interest. I’ve sponged the doily so it matches my colour scheme and I’ve stamped my sentiment directly onto my DSP.
As we near the end of this catalogue and look forward to a new one, I’m using lots of my beautiful DSP. I need to make room for more!!