Good evening & welcome to the CASEing the Catty blog hop. Lots of creations today that are 3D or inspired by 3D samples from the 2016 Holiday Catalogue.
Thanks for visiting me today – for full inspiration, keep hopping until you get back to me again.
My projects were inspired by the Halloween treat bag on page 55.
With Halloween not being a major holiday / event in Australia, I don’t often make Halloween projects.
But this treat bag is such a cute layout! And there’s jar options at present for Christmas & Everyday Occasions….
So, it used it to recreate…
Christmas version using the Jar of Cheer stamp set (page 25 HC)…
Birthday version using the Jar of Love stamp set (page 75 AC).
What’s inside? Yummy jellybeans housed in the new wider treat bags. They measure 5.1cm x 20.3cm. You can find them on page 176 of the Annual Catalogue.
And tied at the top with beautiful silver Glitter Ribbon – which comes in a pack with Sweet Sugarplum Glitter ribbon, oh my! You’ll find them on page 37 of the Holiday Catalogue.
Want to make your own??? Here’s what you need to do…
- From Whisper White cardstock, cut both bag pieces to from Mini Treat Bag Thinlit
- Stamp a jar on the front panel in Basic Black Archival ink (I used the medium size jar from the Jar of Love stamp set)
- Mask your jars using paper or a post-it and then stamp the background using a textured stamp – I used stamps from the Timeless Textures stamp set in Crumb Cake
- Using favourite ink colours & your Aqua Painter, add colour to each jar. Allow it to dry.
- Stamp images in your jars & colour with markers if desired to add more intense colour to parts of the image (ie, the scarf on the snowman)
- Add a sentiment on top of one of the jars. I punched these with 1-1/2″ circle and layered some metallic thread & silver ribbon behind
- Put your bag together with strong adhesvie (such as Fast Fuse) and fill with something yummy!
*** Full supply list for each project below
Thanks for hopping with me today.
The choice is yours!
If you’ve loved the projects you’ve seen on the hop and would like to add yours to the mix, please join us for the monthly challenge.
Product List – Treat Bags (both projects)
Product List – Christmas
Product List – Birthday