Today is Kristel’s birthday. Happy birthday!!!
Kristel was the first member of my team and is a wonderful companion to share my journey with.
Since we’re bringing birthdays back, it seems fitting that the card should be fun, vibrant and a little fancy.
This wonderful Decorative Corner Fold card was designed by Debbie Henderson of Debbie’s Designs. We made the Botanicals version during last month’s Tuesday class after Joy found it online and thought it looked pretty special. She’s right – it’s fabulous!
The reasons for it’s fabulousness are simple – it’s easy to make but looks fancy and can be prettied up in any way you like.
For Kristel’s card, I’ve gone with Party My Way DSP, Balloon Celebration balloons and Endless Birthday Wishes sentiments.
I took lots of photos of this one to show off all the features.
The front view…
Side view, including a panel to write on….
It folds flat for posting…
The awesome trick to attach the front panel & keep it 3D…
And one more view…
You can follow Debbie’s measurements and directions exactly (instructions here, video here), or you can follow my slightly adapted measurements to fit with Australian cardstock. You will get two Decorative Corner Cards from one piece of A4 cardstock.
- Cut your cardstock in half (so you have 8-1/4″ x 5-7/8″)
- Score across the long edge at 2″, 4″, 6″ & 8″
- Place a strip of Tape & Tear along the 1/4″ edge left by the scoring
- Adhere this to make your ‘box’
- To make the front panel, punch 2 x 1-1/4″ circles. Fold in half & with the folds meeting, place adhesive on the back & adhere to the card front. Place adhesive on the front & add your decorative panel (the picture above or Debbie’s video will help if this doesn’t make sense!).
Enjoy decorating your card with whatever stamps & DSP fit your theme. Thanks to Debbie for her generous sharing of her instructions & measurements. Kelly x