Welcome to Stampin’ Up! Chrissie!!! This card is on it’s way to the newest member of Team Papercraft to say HELLO!
Chrissie is excited to start doing workshops & classes in her local area (northern NSW). She’s got an incredibly crafty background and so much passion! So, if you’re in her area and looking for a fresh Stampin’ Up! face, make sure you get in touch with her.
For Chrissie’s card, I used a complementary colours to fill the rose & create a ‘stained glass’ effect with the Rose Garden Thinlits. It looks amazing. A little time consuming for the first one, but by using all the pieces from each colour, you can actually create 2 of these in no time at all.
How to create your own stained glass window…
- Make your outline by cutting the die from a piece of cardstock – I used Basic Black for my outline. You can discard the middle pieces, but keep the die cut.
- For the ‘stained glass’, cut the die again using two shades of the same colour – I used Cherry Cobbler & Real Red. Save these pieces (it’ll be helpful to keep them in rose formation if you can).
- Using the ‘negative’ cardstock, trace around the border of the rose on a piece of scrap cardstock. Cut this out to create a backing for your stained glass rose.
- Apply adhesive to the scrap rose & place the outline piece on top.
- Then, (working quickly before your adhesive dries if you are using a liquid glue) add the pieces back in to the rose, alternating the two colours.
- You can also do this for the leaves using two shades of green – I used Old Olive & Pear Pizzazz
You’ll notice I’ve done some creative adaptations to the rose – chopping off the petals it comes with and replacing them with the smaller ones in the set.
Stampin’ Up! is an amazing risk free opportunity. The only expectation is $440 in sales per quarter – the rest is up to you!
If you think you’d like to try, then take advantage of the great joining deal like Chrissy did. Your starter kit will be $169 and you’ll get to choose $295 of products, with free shipping and a free business kit.
Want to place an order? Don’t forget about the hostess rewards share running this month. See here for all the details. If you’re shopping online, the host code to add to your shopping bag is 3FHV3BF2.