As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog post, I’m truly in love with the Botanical Gardens product suite. And, I’ve been using it lots! All three classes this month used this range for at least one of their creations.
The ladies all seems to fall in love too with the appropriate amount of ooo’s & ahhh’s coming from the craft table.
I love it’s versatility, the awesome 3D dies and that it matches with 2 of the Sale-A-Bration choices!
We made cards…
And a calendar…
But my favourite project that all 3 classes made was a little treat box styled on an American sour cream container – or for us Aussies, the shape of a those frozen ice lollies from the 80s.
Thanks to Dawn Griffith for her very helpful tutorial.
You can either use vellum or DSP to make these cute little boxes. I used the Botanical Gardens Vellum that you can choose as one of your Sale-A-Bration rewards until 31st March 2016.
Of course you can decorate them any way you like, but how sweet do they look with the Botanical Builders flowers on them?
To make the boxes:
- start with a piece of vellum that is 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- put Tape & Tear adhesive on both long sides and one short side
- remove the tape backing from all sides and with the tape on the side roll the vellum into a cylinder/tube shape so the short sides meet, and you attach the back of the taped short edge to the front of the non-taped edge (Dawn’s video will help if this step doesn’t make sense)
- squish one end of the box to close
- fill your box with whatever treats you choose (we used jelly beans)
- squish the other end of the box at the opposite angle.
They look cute in any colour and lovely in DSP (though I forgot to take pictures of those!). I wouldn’t recommend cardstock – it’s just not flexible enough. You can make any size box too – just adjust the measurements for your piece of vellum or DSP.
The March class schedule will be up soon – make sure you check back during the week. As you can see, we have lots of fun and make lots of fabulous projects! Kelly x
Botanical Gardens Suite…
Botanical Gardens Sale-A-Bration items available until 31st March 2016…