Hello! Today I wanted to share with you the baby shower invites I made for a friend. Although they are invites, we designed them in card style, so really you could use this layout for a welcome baby card too.
The initial concept was a baby peeking out of a tea cup. Then I thought a stack of cups would look nice… And a great way to include some pretty Have A Cuppa Designer Series Paper.
The mumma-to-be wanted to use the Have A Cuppa embellishments somehow, and it may be a little left of centre, but I thought they’d make cute dummies…
And the idea of a silver spoon in the baby’s mouth gave me a giggle – just tickled my humour that one! As did the ‘peekaboo’ sentiment – a baby shower is kind of like a peekaboo, right? With baby hiding away waiting for the right moment to appear.
Baby Punch Art Instructions:
- Head – Extra-Large Oval in Pink Pirouette
- Hair – Mini Cupcake (Party Punch Pack) double cut with the XL Oval in Early Espresso
- Eyes – Middle size circle from Owl Builder in Whisper White; Circle from Cupcake Builder in Basic Black
- Nose: Middle size circle from Owl Builder in Blushing Bride
- Hands – Feet from Owl Builder in Pink Pirouette
- Dummy – Middle size circle from Owl Builder in Basic Gray; Large size circle from Owl Builder in Smoky Slate; Have A Cuppa Embellishment of choice
It was great to get back to a little bit of punch art – and nothing like a cute baby with it’s silver spoon dummy to make it a fun task ! Kelly x