On Tuesday morning I had the pleasure of hosting a class for 4 lovely ladies who spend as much time spoiling my dog with attention as they do making cards!
The ladies had asked for combination of things they’d recently seen on the blog, but since I like my classes to be filled with surprises – we did variations of what they said they liked.
The first project was a decorated notepad using the colours/design features from my Just Add Ink / Demo Designs Sketch card.
Colours: Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss, Smoky Slate & Bermuda Bay.
To make this decorated notepad, the instructions are mostly the same as the English Garden one, but with a different closure:
- Place a piece of A4 cardstock lengthways (landscape) into your SU! trimmer. Score at 4-1/8″, 4-7/8″, 9″ & 9-3/4″
- Turn the cardstock 90 degrees and place into the trimmer longways (portrait). Cut at 5-7/8″.
- Trim the small rectangle from the end of the skinny strip you ended up with (this will be your closure band).
- Fold along all score lines on cardstock.
- Attach the notepad to the inside using Fast Fuse.
- Add the closure flap by securing the end 4-1/8″ piece to the back of the notepad cardstock and then wrap it around & secure it to the front of the notepad. You should have a 3/4″ flap left that you can attach magnets to for securing it tight.
- Decorate the front panel with cardstock (3-7/8″ x 5-5/8″) and DSP (3-5/8″ x 2″). Attach burlap ribbon & Flower Patch flower. Add a gold embossed sentiment from Flower Patch.
The next project was a card to coordinate with the notepad. I wanted to show the ladies how lovely the Garden in Bloom stamp set was, so we used this flower instead of the Flower Patch one.
Colours: Smoky Slate, Lost Lagoon, Whisper White, Pool Party, Blackberry Bliss, Tip Top Taupe.
The leaves behind the flower are from Kinda Eclectic and I once again used burlap to tie it all together. I love the extra texture that adding even a small piece of burlap ribbon adds. The sentiment is from the hostess only set Happy Birthday, Everyone.
The final project was a birthday card inspired by a new challenge blog – Pinterest Inspired Challenge. Stop by and have a look at the entries so far – lots of inspiration just in the cards that have been put forward!!!
This is the inspiration photo:
And this is the card the ladies made:
The splatters in the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set provided the perfect option for creating our own DSP-esque background. The birthday sentiment is from the Tin of Cards stamp set. I realised after making this card that I’d actually used 2 “kit stamp sets” – they are great for more than just making up the kits.
The yellow & black flowers in the inspiration photo looked like cute little butterflies to me – so out came the Watercolor Wings stamp set and Bold Butterfly framelits. I cannot make enough butterfly cards with this gorgeous bundle.
Colours: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay (cardstock, ink), Tempting Turquoise, Smoky Slate, Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight & Basic Black.
Another class and another great success. Next class my Christmas goodies will be here, so I’m looking forward to adding a Christmas card into the mix!
You can find the class schedule here. Due to the small size of classes, they fill up quickly and payment is required within 3 days of booking to secure your place.
Come & join the fun. Free doggie cuddles included!!! Kelly x