I made a series of Frozen cards in the lead up to Maddie’s party as part of the fun. I’ll start by sharing Elsa with you as she is the ‘pin-up’ girl of Frozen. I am so sad that the Dress Up Framelits are now discontinued – they are perfect for princess cards. Maybe you still have them in your collection like I do and my cards inspire you to make a Frozen card for a special princess you know! Kelly x
How to make Queen Elsa’s Dress:
- Using the sleeveless dress framelit, cut out 3 Tempting Turquoise dresses
- Cut the straps from one dress, cut another one in half and leave one as is.
- Either by freehand or using the Full Heart punch, create a ‘v’ shape in the middle of the strapless dress.
- Again using the sleeveless dress framelit, cut just the top section of the dress using Vellum
- Using Vellum, cut the largest die from the Apothecary Accents framelits set – cut this in half longways.
- Attach all the pieces together so they look like the picture below. You may have to trim some of the pieces down so they fit better (especially the Apothecary Accent pieces).
- Jazz up Elsa’s dress using glitter – I used Crystal Effects & Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter and Silver Sparkle Dazzling Details.
Tools: Big Shot
Framelits: Dress Up (retired), Labels Collection
Thinlits: Circle Card
Punches: Full Heart (retired)
Embossing Folder: Perfect Polka Dots
DSP: Winter Frost (retired)
Specialty Paper: Vellum
Ink: Pacific Point
Stamp Set: Remembering Your Birthday